Sunday, December 22, 2013

Mother's Day


My Facebook newsfeed is flooded with Mother's Day greetings and everyone's pictures with their mum. So, while I'm still in the mood of drawing, I thought I should jump in and give my own tribute for Mother's Day ;).

This calligraphy is from surah Al Israa ayah 24, which means:
And lower to them the wing of humility out of mercy and say, "My Lord, have mercy upon them as they brought me up [when I was] small." 
I'm not really sure what shape I was aiming to develop, but it somehow looked like a tree or tear drop shape. I made this calligraphy in a short time~ around 4-5 hours (with distractions, of course), considering the length of it.

Anyhow, I would love to share a story for Mother's Day, but seems like I won't be able to do it now (it's 11.48 pm already!). Will definitely do one tomorrow though, because my love-and-hate relationship with mum is kinda a special one and I would love to just celebrate it :).

No comments:

Post a Comment